- Two solid wood a-frame stands (made in USA)
- Two 30" ground augers (to anchor the line)
- slackline purchased separately
Fully Portable & Easy Setup: Very easy to setup, take down and store. A little muscle is needed to put the augers into the ground if you're setting up in hard soil.
Perfect Height for Beginners: The Slackabout stands position the slackline about 2 feet (23.5 inches) off the ground... an easy height for getting on and off the line.
How it Works: The Slackabouts work best with low ground anchor points. In urban areas this could be lamp posts, sewer grates, etc. Really any "solid" point that can hold the line. You can also set up in grassy areas using the included ground augers (see instructional video / instructions also included).
- Total weight of a-frames and augers: 12lbs
- Standing height of a-frames set up: 23.5"
Q: Is there a weight limit?
A: The weight the system will support depends on the solidity of the anchoring endpoints. The maximum recommended weight for our slacklines is 300lbs. The Slackabout stands themselves can also support that much weight. The ground anchors, however, can only hold so much weight before they pull out of the ground. The amount of weight they can hold depends on a couple of key factors: (1) how far apart you've spaced the Slackabout stands; (2) the angle at which you've drilled in the augers; and (3) the type of soil of the ground. In general, our recommendations to ensure the augers don't pull out are:
- Space the stands 25ft apart for adults, and 30 - 35ft apart for children.
- Angle in the augers at 45-degrees toward the stands when putting them in the ground (vs going straight down).
Q: What are good anchor points to use in a gym?
A: We favor solid metal weight racks that are bolted into the ground.
Q: What's the most efficient way to drill the augers into the ground?
A: Use a piece of rebar or a tire iron to twist the auger into the ground (don't use a golf club... you'll break it). Depending on how soft the soil is, expect a good 5 minutes of hard work.
Setup Instructions (in grass using ground anchors)
- Screw in ground anchors straight down 6” and then tilt the eye near a 45-degree angle toward the a-frame. Screw the rest the way down into the ground until the eye of the auger is just above the surface of the ground. Space the anchors no more than 40ft apart.
- Slide the ends of the the slackline through the eyelets of each ground anchor.
- Ratchet the slackline down until there is just a little bit of slack in the line.
- Place the a-frames under the line about 5ft from each anchor point. Raise up the a-frames so that the pressure of the line keeps them in place. If you can't raise them up, the line is too tight.
- Tighten down ratchet to desired tension. Tension should be enough to keep the feet of the slackline walker off the ground in the middle.
Money Back Guarantee
We guarantee our products 100%. We stand behind our products and all products are guaranteed against manufacturing defects in materials and workmanship for 30 days. Within the 30-day warranty, we will repair and/or replace parts or products that are defective in materials or workmanship.
If you have created an account with us, you can request a return through your manage account section. Your complete order history is available in your my account section, and requesting refunds is easy. If you do not have an account: To make a return please email customer service (email@example.com) with the subject line "returns".